Sign up for a customized personal demo with an AirTight expert.
The Tolly Reports
- New Benchmarking Strategies for Wireless Intrusion Prevention Systems (January 2007)
- Hands-on Examination of Products from Siemens, Cisco Systems and Network Chemistry Reveals Robust Capabilities of HiPath Wireless Manager HiGuard (September 2006)
- Evaluation Wireless Intrusion Prevention Systems (February 2006)
The information provided in this report is harvested from the Tolly Group's own hands-on experience benchmarking a variety of WIPS products.
An effective WIPS must do three things well :
- Detect and automatically classify wireless devices and events - to figure out which are threats and which are not.
- Prevent multiple wireless threats simultaneously while continuing to scan for new threats
- Accurately locate threats on a floor map so that they can be eliminated quickly
This Tolly Group test results show that Siemens HWM HiGuard WIPS clearly outperforms both the Cisco WCS/WLC solution and the Network Chemistry RFProtect solution in delivering WIPS functionality. These tests bear a strong similarity with the Tolly Group test results comparing AirTight’s SpectraGuard® Enterprise with AirMagnet and Aruba Networks - that was published in February 2006.
In all four comparisons, AirTight’s technology outperformed the competition along several key dimensions:
- Comprehensive detection of wireless devices and threats
- Robust and scalable prevention – of multiple simultaneous wireless threats
- Precise location tracking of wireless devices and threats
- Complete and customizable reporting capabilities.
AirTight Networks Outperforms Rival WIPS Solution
The Tolly Group tested and compared three Wireless Intrusion Prevention Systems (WIPSs):
- AirTight Networks' SpectraGuard Enterprise
- AirMagnets' AirMagnet Enterprise
- Aruba Networks' Aruba Mobility Controller