Sign up for a customized personal demo with an AirTight expert.
AirTight Receives Five Stars from SC Magazine; SpectraGuard Enterprise Called a New Angle on Wireless Security and a Very Good Value
AirTight WIPS Called a Unique Wireless Security Solution That Tackles Containment in a Very Different Way
Mountain View, CA - March 10, 2008
AirTight® Networks, the global leader for wireless intrusion prevention systems (WIPS), today announced that SC Magazine has awarded its SpectraGuard® Enterprise product five stars in an in depth review which tested the product with a real-world scenario. The publication said, "AirTight Networks aims to live up to its name with this unique wireless security solution that can automatically classify and control access points (APs) and wireless clients."
The publication noted, "We think SpectraGuard Enterprise offers an interesting new angle on wireless security and very good value," It called SpectraGuard, "A unique wireless security solution with a smart auto-classification feature that allows you to safely and effectively contain rogue AP and clients. Its containment features are very effective and, the fact that it can auto classify APs and clients means activating these security policies is no longer fraught with danger."
"SpectraGuard Enterprise is a powerful, enterprise class product and it is apparent that the reviewer at SC Magazine took the time to understand and test the myriad features contained in it and which are essential to an effective WIPS. This review reinforces the unique strengths and capabilities of SpectraGuard," said Pravin Bhagwat, CTO of AirTight.
The review also noted
- "We found SpectraGuard easy to deploy"
- "The system worked flawlessly during testing."
- "Location tracking worked well; we could select the rogue and see which sensors had spotted it."
- "We found accuracy could be as good as two or three meters."
AirTight Networks' SpectraGuard Enterprise has established its industry leadership position by delivering the key elements of an effective wireless intrusion prevention system (WIPS):
- detecting and correctly classifying wireless threats - to catch all threats, while minimizing false alarms
- preventing (multiple, simultaneous) wireless threats - while continuing to scan for new ones
- accurately locating the wireless threats on a floor map - so they can be removed
AirTight owns a seminal patent granted in 2006 which covers technologies useful for implementing these functionalities and which are fundamental to wireless intrusion prevention.
In testing by the Tolly Group, AirTight's SpectraGuard Enterprise outperformed its competitors by a large margin in wireless intrusion prevention functionality and was also awarded a positive rating in the only ‘Marketscope for Wireless LAN Intrusion Prevention Systems' published by Gartner to date.
About The Tolly Group
The Tolly Group strives to provide IT users and vendors alike with independent, objective, hands-on performance testing, benchmarking services and consulting designed to illuminate differences between strategic products/services and help IT buyers make informed technology decisions.
The Tolly Group enjoys a unique position in the networking industry. As the premier independent test lab, it has worked with virtually every major vendor and evaluated the most important products and technologies to appear over the past decade. And in many cases, The Tolly Group has tested these solutions not once but many times, tracking products as they evolve and markets as they mature.
- AirTight® Networks, the global leader for wireless intrusion prevention systems (WIPS), today announced that SC Magazine has awarded its SpectraGuard® Enterprise product five stars in an in depth review which tested the product with a real-world scenario. The publication said, "AirTight Networks aims to live up to its name with this unique wireless security solution that can automatically classify and control access points (APs) and wireless clients."