Sign up for a customized personal demo with an AirTight expert.
AirTight Delivers Advanced BYOD Security for Cloud Wi-Fi Access and WIPS Solutions
Fingerprinting Techniques Provide Deeper Information and Control than MDM on Devices Connected to Enterprise Networks
Mountain View, CA - March 14, 2012 - AirTight Networks, the global leader in secure Wi-Fi solutions, today announced the introduction of new, patent pending device fingerprinting techniques in its SpectraGuard® Enterprise WIPS and AirTight Cloud ServicesTM that provide advanced BYOD security and the industry's most reliable detection, classification and policy enforcement for personal and corporate-issued smart devices connecting to enterprise networks.
The BYOD trend is causing new security concerns for enterprise network and data security administrators. Corporate users (e.g. employees, contractors) are accessing enterprise network and data, and bypassing corporate security controls using their personal Wi-Fi devices. This uncontrolled access can open wireless backdoors into the enterprise network, malicious activity, leakage of sensitive data, and exposure to malware.
"AirTight uses correlation of information from over-the-air and on-the-wire packets," said Jatin Parekh, Vice President of Product Management at AirTight. "This method produces accurate information about all smart devices (including iPhones, iPads, Androids and Blackberries) connected to the network to enable automatic classification and policy enforcement of 'Approved' vs. 'Unapproved' devices."
AirTight Networks' SpectraGuard Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS) offers the most complete solution to help network administrators definitively manage BYOD. The highlights of this solution are:
- A unique workflow (patent pending) to simplify BYOD management
- 24/7 monitoring of enterprise airspace and network
- Automatic fingerprinting of smartphones and tablets that identifies their make and type: iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Android, etc.
- Using patented Marker Packet techniques, automatically and accurately detects all types of Rogue APs including Soft Rogues, and Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspots
- Precise real-time quarantine of unapproved smartphones and tablets, all types of Rogues and unauthorized Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspots
- Automatically pinpoints physical location of any Wi-Fi device on premises
- Delivers BYOD report to your inbox (View Sample Report)
- BYOD management API that can integrate with any MDM solution
"Without the right solution, IT security manager do not have visibility into BYOD and are unable to control the risks presented by personal Wi-Fi enabled devicesWPA2/802.1x cannot stop them from connecting to the enterprise network and MDM alone cannot manage BYOD because the personal devices must have a software agent installed and users have no incentive to install one," continued Parekh.
About AirTight Cloud ServicesTM
AirTight Cloud Services are offered as hosted, cloud-based, AirTight Secure Wi-FiTM, PCI scanning, and network security in a single device. AirTight's Cloud platform provides the most cost effective enterprise solution for Wi-Fi plus all the security and centralized management of the traditional WLAN vendors at a very low, all inclusive monthly fee per store. Because the solution was built specifically as a cloud offering, it is infinitely more scalable than a controller based solution.